Find top lawyers across india
Advanced Search
lexassured Family Matters Lawyers IN India
View More
OTHER Family Matters Lawyers IN India
View More
  • Recent artical on divorce
    20 Divorce Mistakes Most Likely to be Committed
    Mistakes are very integral part of the process of learning in life. But neither marriage nor divorce should be treat....
    Read More
  • Recent question on Family Matters

    Yes, you can solemnize marriage irrespective of the fact the two-person belongs to different faith under Special Marriage Act, 1956.

    Procedure for Registration of Marriage :-

    Persons belonging to different relations and faiths can have their marriage Solemnized under this Act. 2. Marriages performed under other forms can also be registered under this Act. 3. The persons intending to register their marriage have to give notice thereof in writing in Triplicate in forms specified under second schedule under Section 5 to the marriage officer of the District in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which notice is given. 4. After the receipt of the notice, the marriage officer shall enter a true copy in the marriage notice Book and shall cause the notice to be published in the notice board of his office and also see that the notice is published in the office of the marriage Registrrsa in whose District the parties are permanently residing. 5. Any person before the expiration of 30 days may make an objection that the marriage contravenes the essential conditions noted above. 6. After the expiry of 30 days of notice the Sub-Registrar shall register the marriage after the Bridegroom and Bride sign a declaration in form specified in the Third Schedule in the presence of three witnesses and they should utter in the language known I (a) take the (b) I take b) to be my lawful wife.

    Family Matters • Asked on: 23rd January 2018 • Answers: 1
why to book consultancy from lexcarts
Have a question for us?
Need Immediate Legal Help? Call 9828065532