No results found.
There are following exceptions for Defamation under Sec. 499 IPC
1. Imputation of truth which public good requires be making or publishing.
2. Public conduct of public servant.
3. Conduct of any person touching any public question.
4. Publication of reports of proceedings of courts.
5. Merits of the case decided in court or conduct of witnesses and others concerned.
6. Merits of Public performance.
7. Censure passed in good faith by person having lawful authority over another.
8. Accusation preferred in good faith to authorized person.
9. Imputation made in good faith by person for protection of his or other’s interests.